The country’s leading health care systems are increasingly recognizing the benefits of offering palliative care to seriously and chronically ill patients to reduce their suffering, improve their quality of life and provide them with more choice and control over their care. The palliative care approach not only relieves seriously ill patients’ suffering, but from a health system perspective, it has been proven to improve patient outcomes, and patient and family satisfaction while reducing health care delivery costs. Likewise, organizations already dedicated to palliative care support recognize the need for a respected, knowledgeable educational partner to develop the workforce necessary to fulfill the industry’s growing need for skilled professionals.
San Diego County
- Elizabeth Hospice has a 34-year tradition as a premier provider of medical, emotional and spiritual support to those with life limiting illnesses and their families.
- Palomar Health
- Sharp Hospice and Palliative Care
- County of San Diego Health and Human Services Agency Aging and Independence Services
- San Diego County Coalition for Improving End-of-Life Care is dedicated to ensure quality end-of-life care for all San Diegans and help educate the community about valuable healthcare and professional resources.
- LightBridge Hospice & Palliative Care understands what families go through during end-of-life care and has a dedicated team to provide an atmosphere of comfort, respect and confidence that leads to peace of mind.
- LightBridge Medical provides palliative care as a consultative service. LightBridge Medical will come to the patient’s place of residence, whether this is a private home, skilled nursing facility, assisted living or other residential living facility and conduct a thorough evaluation, focusing on the patient’s current health conditions and symptoms.