State Organization Partnership Opportunity: Ensuring Your Community-based Palliative Care Success
Across the country hospices and other organizations are building community-based palliative care programs to meet the needs of the community, increase access to quality palliative care, and diversify their revenue. Building a successful and sustainable palliative care program requires certain skills, resources, information, and, perhaps most importantly, it requires a great plan.
Now your state organization can bring the national, two-day in person Ensuring Your Community-based Palliative Care Success seminar to your members and share in the revenue!
“They showed us not only how to do it but gave us tools to help us work through the situations in our own communities and get a [palliative care] program started that would be successful and sustainable.”
Dr. Neville Sarkari, Tidewell Hospice, Sarasota, Florida
The CSU Shiley Institute for Palliative Care has developed a two-day highly interactive, intensive seminar that teaches everything an organization needs in order to develop a sustainable program that meets the needs of their community.
The course is similar to the sold out Preconference Seminar taught by the CSU Institute at the Management and Leadership Conference in April 2016.
Click HERE to join the interest list.
Join the Interest List!
The two-day course includes:
- A framework to build or redesign a community-based palliative care program
- Examples from successful palliative care programs
- Expert faculty who are leaders in the field
- Nursing and social work continuing education credit
- A binder of handouts, tools, and resources to guide the palliative care implementation process
Five Benefits to Your Organization:
- The seminar content has been “test driven” at the NHPCO MLC and CTC as well as in our community-based palliative care series of online courses.
- The CSU Institute will handle all the faculty logistics and honoraria, prepare and print the participant binders, and manage the entire continuing education process, providing participants with nursing and social work hours.
- We’ll also coordinate the participant registration process, providing expert customer service to registrants.
- Our marketing team will provide you with messaging and graphics to promote the course and we’ll also market the event using our national database
- Your state organization will earn 50% of revenue after expenses
Call us to discuss dates and develop a mutually
beneficial agreement to offer this in your state.
This highly interactive seminar will provide participants with words of wisdom from successful palliative care programs, great tools and best practices as well as an actionable plan to build a community-based palliative care program.
At the conclusion of Ensuring Your Community-Based Palliative Care Success, participants will be able to:
- Compare and contrast multiple inpatient and community-based palliative care models
- Describe the organizational capabilities required for an organization to successfully implement a community-based palliative care program
- Identify critical areas on which their organization must focus in order to successfully implement a palliative care program
- Create a working framework that can be used to assess organizational readiness and plan the implementation of a palliative care program
- Provide overview of strategies for billing palliative care services
- Undertake an organizational needs assessment
- Identify essential clinical, financial, and organizational metrics
- Develop an actionable implementation plan
- Evaluate the success of the program
The program is comprised of the following content areas:
- Overview and Comparison of Palliative Care Models
- Identifying Partners to Strengthen Your Palliative Care Program
- Conducting a Needs Assessment
- Billing, Coding and Payment Models
- Metrics and Measurement for Community-based Palliative Care
- Creating the Data for a Data-driven Business Plan
- Developing an Implementation Plan
- Facilitating Change
- Building a Marketing Plan
- Evaluating and Improving your Success
Attendees will learn from national experts and faculty who have worked with hundreds of organizations in all stages of palliative care program development to plan, deploy and sustain palliative care services.
Course faculty may include:
- Kathy Brandt, MS, the kb group, Washington, DC
- J. Brian Cassel, PhD, JB Cassel Consulting LLC, Richmond, VA
- Helen McNeal, BBA, CSU Shiley Institute for Palliative Care, San Marcos, CA
- Karl E. Steinberg, MD, CMD, Stone Mountain Medical Associates, Inc., Oceanside, CA