Advance Care Planning: A Guide for Health Care Professionals
Get your guide to starting and continuing Advance Care Planning (ACP) conversations for better patient outcomes and satisfaction.
This guide, produced in cooperation with the Coalition for Compassionate Care of California addresses some of the most common stumbling blocks and clears the way for professionals to communicate clearly with their patients.
What You’ll Learn
- Why have ACP conversations?
- Why healthcare professionals need to initiate the conversation.
- What healthcare professionals need to know before they start an ACP.
- What is the ACP process?
- What qualifies as an ACP conversation?
- What should ACP conversations cover? What are the goals? What do the conversations look and sound like?
- Best times and ways to have ACP conversations.
- How to get paid for these conversations.
Courses on Effective Advance Care Planning
These courses provide a detailed exploration of the core principles and practices of advance care planning. You may purchase an individual course or the entire series for significant savings.
Integrating Advance Care Planning into Your Medical Practice
This course lays out the benefits of advance care planning and each step needed to make it a routine part of care in your medical practice.
Effective Advance Care Planning Fundamentals
This course is designed for everyone who needs to understand and promote advance care planning.
Facilitating an Advance Care Planning Conversation
This course will benefit healthcare providers responsible for facilitating advance care planning conversations.
Billing for Advance Care Planning Conversations
Individuals and organizations will learn about the new codes and explore through case scenarios how to accurately bill Medicare for advance care planning discussions.
Have a question about our courses or group training?
Call us at 760-750-4006.