Integrating Palliative Care into Practice
Providing palliative care support in a primary care setting is a practice decision, but also a business decision. This course will help you develop the business case for palliative care, including forecasting the patient pool and resources needed, soliciting buy-in from leadership, achieving acceptance, measuring outcomes, and establishing reimbursement processes.
This is the eighth course in a nine-part series, Primary Palliative Care Skills for Physicians, NPs and PAs. Take each course individually or enroll in the full series for a significant discount! Learn more about the full series here!
As our population ages, more of your patients will be diagnosed with serious or chronic disease. This curriculum will help you improve care for those patients by providing simple and effective strategies that allow you to weave palliative care principles into your busy practice.
This course is perfect for:
- Nurse practitioners (NPs)
- Physician assistants (PAs)
- Non-palliative care specialists
- Beginning hospice and palliative care team members
- Geriatricians, senior care providers, and others caring for patients with serious illness
This course will equip learners to:
- Understand the business case for palliative care for your practice
- Define and calculate the population need for palliative care services in your practice
- Identify the key interventions to augment or build into your practice
- Understand who are the key members of your palliative care team
- Plan the steps to engaging members of your community
- Take steps to get paid for palliative care services
- Understand the types and sources of performance measures in palliative care
- Plan the specific steps to organize an improvement activity on primary palliative care
- Define the strategies and actions to ensure sustainability of primary palliative care services
Topics covered in this course include:
- Identifying patient population and needs
- Selecting interventions and services
- Reimbursement, including Medicare, Medicaid, and commercial payers
- Engaging the community
- Quality measurement and improvement
GET YOUR COMPLIMENTARY EBOOK!
“The Five Trajectories: Supporting Patients Through Serious Illness”
Here’s a tool that can you help you with the challenges that arise when your patients develop serious, chronic, or progressive illness. It includes case studies, key practice points, and resources to have those difficult conversations. Download your free copy of: The Five Trajectories – Supporting Patients During Serious Illness by Jennifer Moore Ballentine.
Sign up by clicking HERE or the image of the eBook.
|Begins:||Immediately upon registration|
|Location:||Completely online, available 24/7|
|Continuing education:||2.5 hours|
|Requires:||Computing skills sufficient to complete graduate work, access to a computer with an Internet connection|
|Detailed FAQ:||Click HERE.|
There are no refunds on our self-paced courses
The Doctors Company designates this activity for a maximum of 2.5 AMA PRA Category 2 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of The Doctors Company and California State University Institute for Palliative Care. The Doctors Company is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
DATE: Register Anytime
CONTINUING EDUCATION HOURS: 2.5 hours OR Click HERE for CME Credit Info*
Contact Us About This Course