Integrating Palliative Care into Practice
Providing palliative care support in a primary care setting is a practice decision, but also a business decision. This course will help you develop the business case for palliative care, including forecasting the patient pool and resources needed, soliciting buy-in from leadership, achieving acceptance, measuring outcomes, and establishing reimbursement processes.
What You’ll Learn
- Identifying patient population and needs
- Selecting interventions and services
- Reimbursement, including Medicare, Medicaid, and commercial payers
- Engaging the community
- Quality measurement and improvement
Enroll in the Primary Palliative Care Skills series for $999. Learn more.
What You’ll Earn
- Understand the business case for palliative care for your practice
- Define and calculate the population need for palliative care services in your practice
- Identify the key interventions to augment or build into your practice
- Understand who are the key members of your palliative care team
- Plan the steps to engaging members of your community
- Take steps to get paid for palliative care services
- Understand the types and sources of performance measures in palliative care
- Plan the specific steps to organize an improvement activity on primary palliative care
- Define the strategies and actions to ensure sustainability of primary palliative care services
Completion and Refunds
In order to complete this course and obtain a certificate, you must view the course in its entirety, correctly answer all case studies and quiz/test questions (as appropriate) and complete the evaluation. You will have 90 days to access this course from the date of purchase. No refunds are given for self-paced courses.