Self-Care and Resilience for Primary Care Clinicians
Self-care and building resilience is essential for clinicians working with seriously ill patients—it guards against burnout, moral distress, and team dysfunction. This course provides practical tools and resources to help healthcare professionals recognize the warning signs of moral distress, identify their own beliefs and habits that may lead to burn-out or compassion fatigue, and utilize practical strategies for self-care and resilience-building.
What You’ll Learn
- Principles of self-care
- Understanding resilience
- Burnout, compassion fatigue and moral distress
- Self-care in the context of palliative care
- Strengths and protective factors
- Mindfulness practices
- Self-care resources
Buy the Primary Palliative Care Skills series for $999. Learn more.
What You’ll Earn
- Describe why self-care is important in working with seriously-ill patients
- Understand and employ effective self-care strategies and strategies to strengthen resilience
- Identify three strategies to strengthen resilience
Completion and Refunds
In order to complete this course and obtain a certificate, you must view the course in its entirety, correctly answer all case studies and quiz/test questions (as appropriate) and complete the evaluation. You will have 90 days to access this course from the date of purchase. No refunds are given for self-paced courses.