- From The New York Times – When the Patient Knows Best: Doctors like to treat, treat, treat — but sometimes it isn’t worth it.
- NY Times addresses how people die. In an op-ed column, Bill Keller discusses his personal experience with the Liverpool Care Pathway for the Dying Patient after his father-in-law learned he had an inoperable tumor.
- ABC News April 11, 2013 – “Before You Get Sick, Have The Talk.”
- Speak Up: What you need to know about your serious illness and palliative care, published by The Joint Commission
- “10 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW” brochure by the CSU Shiley Institute for Palliative Care
- The Better End: Surviving (and Dying) on Your Own Terms in Today’s Modern Medical World. By Dan Morhaim, M.D.
- CHASING DAYLIGHT – How My Forthcoming Death Transformed My Life. By Eugene O’Kelly