Aromatherapy in Palliative Care
Aromatherapy, the use of essential oils to promote well-being and ease discomfort, has been used for centuries and has a growing base of research and support in modern health care. This course will help you launch your journey into the world of Aromatherapy for palliative care patients and their families.
More and more health care providers, and their patients, are recognizing the value of aromatherapy, as well as other complementary therapies as an adjunct to allopathic medicine to treat serious medical conditions. Aromatherapy and the array of benefits it provides to patients, especially those in palliative care, is being recognized and is rapidly growing in use.
Health issues such as nausea, fatigue, anxiety and depression are just a few of the challenges and symptoms people with chronic or life threatening illnesses may experience. In the hands of a skilled and caring individual, Aromatherapy can ease discomfort and improve well-being physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually for patients and their care givers.
|This four-hour, self-paced course gives you the necessary information about commonly used and available oils. It will provide a variety of resources and instructions on the safe and effective use of essential oils, discussion on application methods, and selection of essential oils used for a variety of symptoms and concerns for patients.||
What You’ll Learn
Developed by an experienced aromatherapist, this course is perfect for you if you’re interested in adding aromatherapy to your care toolkit. Data on the history of aromatherapy broadens into the safe and effective uses of essential oils, including the importance “intent” plays in Aromatherapy. You’ll discover safe and effective ways essential oils can be incorporated into palliative care protocols backed by evidence-based and scientific research.
- Apply knowledge of essential oils for use in palliative care
- Investigate how essential oils can be instrumental in promoting physical, mental emotional, and spiritual health
- Establish a foundation in essential oil safety
- Explore the definition and the history of “healing”
- Identify other potential uses of essential oils such as, creating essential oil blends, hydrosols, and more.
- Choose proper essential oils to address specific issues, symptoms, and illness
What You’ll Earn
4 continuing education (CE) credits approved by the following accreditation bodies:
- CEs are provided through California State University San Marcos, accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
Get the Brochure!
Contact Us About This Course
Completion and Refunds
In order to complete this course and obtain a certificate, you must view the course in its entirety, correctly answer all case studies and quiz/test questions (as appropriate) and complete the evaluation. You will have 90 days to access this course from the date of purchase. No refunds are given for self-paced courses.