Aromatherapy in Palliative Care
Aromatherapy, the use of essential oils to promote well-being and ease discomfort, has been used for centuries and has a growing base of research and support in modern health care. This course will help you launch your journey into the world of Aromatherapy for palliative care patients and their families.
More and more health care providers, and their patients, are recognizing the value of aromatherapy, as well as other complementary therapies as an adjunct to allopathic medicine to treat serious medical conditions. Aromatherapy and the array of benefits it provides to patients, especially those in palliative care, is being recognized and is rapidly growing in use.
Challenges People Face with Chronic Illness
Health issues such as nausea, fatigue, anxiety and depression are just a few of the challenges and symptoms people with chronic or life threatening illnesses may experience. In the hands of a skilled and caring individual, Aromatherapy can ease discomfort and improve well-being physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually for patients and their care givers.
Get the Brochure!
Developed by an experienced aromatherapist, this course is perfect for both health care professionals and volunteers interested in adding aromatherapy to their care toolkit. Data on the history of aromatherapy broadens into the safe and effective uses of essential oils, including the importance “intent” plays in Aromatherapy. Students will discover safe and effective ways essential oils can be incorporated into palliative care protocols backed by evidence-based and scientific research.
This four hour, self-paced course will give students the necessary information about commonly used and available oils. The course will provide a variety of resources and instructions on the safe and effective use of essential oils, discussion on application methods, and selection of essential oils used for a variety of symptoms and concerns for patients.
- Easily accessible for busy hospice and palliative care professionals and volunteers
- Highly illustrated, engaging format
- Explores topics from ancient to current therapeutic applications
- Wide array of oils discussed
Who Should Take This Course
- Nursing staff at all levels
- Health care providers
- Health professional staff
- Students preparing for health professions
- Volunteers working in hospice or palliative care
GET YOUR COMPLIMENTARY EBOOK!
“Mindfulness and its Meaning in Palliative Care”
In palliative care, mindfulness is a therapeutic tool that can offer patients profound relief from anxiety and the discomforting symptoms of their disease.
|Begins:||Immediately upon registration|
|Is taught:||Completely online and is available 24/7|
|Offers:||4 hours of continuing education credits and a certificate of completion|
|Costs:||$49 per student|
|Requires:||Students have computing skills sufficient to complete graduate work using an online learning platform|
|Is taught by:||Cindy Corwin, Certified in Clinical Aromatherapy, and CEO of Healing Essentials, LLC.|
|Is ideal for:||Nurses, health care providers and health professionals working in any care setting; students entering health professions; volunteers working in hospice or palliative care|
|Provides:||Foundational knowledge of safe and effective use of essential oils as an adjunct to other treatments for patients receiving palliative care|
|Detailed FAQ:||Click HERE.|
There are no refunds on our self-paced courses
This course contains content to enable the student to:
- Apply knowledge of essential oils for use in palliative care
- Investigate how essential oils can be instrumental in promoting physical, mental emotional, and spiritual health
- Establish a foundation in essential oil safety
- Explore the definition and the history of “healing”
- Identify other potential uses of essential oils such as, creating essential oil blends, hydrosols, and more.
- Choose proper essential oils to address specific issues, symptoms, and illness
Course Q & A
Is this a webinar or is it interactive?
- This is a self-paced interactive course. It is not a webinar. You will receive a certificate of completion and 4 Continuing Education Hours
How long do I have to complete the program?
- You will have access to the course for 90 days from the start date
Is there a course syllabus?
- Yes, it is provided to enrolled students. Course content description is found on this web page.
Are CME’s being offered?
- CMEs are not being offered at this time but Continuing Education Hours are being offered.
DATE: Open Registration
CONTINUING EDUCATION HOURS: 4 Hours
Contact Us About This Course