Excellence in Interprofessional Palliative Care Documentation
In palliative care, documentation is at the heart of our communications. This self-paced course provides quick, discipline-specific as well as team-focused strategies for ensuring that your documentation facilitates communication and supports great relationships within the team and with your referral sources. If you are staying late working on documentation or frustrated by the documentation habits of your colleagues, this course is for you.
You’ll increase your skill at documentation. Plus, you’ll gain tips for documenting accurately and efficiently and gain best-practice templates as well as strategies that can be used to enhance documentation, improve communication and save you time.
|Learn new strategies for working together with your colleagues on your interdisciplinary team to enhance the effectiveness and usability of documentation.||
What You’ll Learn
- Efficiently and accurately extract and document the most pertinent information about complex cases
- Communicate information and the perspective of your discipline in a way that other disciplines can understand and use
- Implement best-practice documentation templates
- State what is needed to meet standards for reimbursement
- Participate with other team members in a discussion about documentation that supports interprofessional practice in your setting
- Prepare to make an agreement with your team about the purpose of documentation and documentation practices in your setting that meet standards for quality and timeliness without undue burden, using your current health record system
Get the Brochure!
What You’ll Earn
1 continuing education (CE) credit approved by the following accreditation bodies:
- CEs are provided through California State University San Marcos, accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
- The Doctors Company designates this activity for a maximum of 3 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of The Doctors Company and California State University Shiley Institute for Palliative Care. The Doctors Company is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Completion and Refunds
In order to complete this course and obtain a certificate, you must view the course in its entirety, correctly answer all case studies and quiz/test questions (as appropriate) and complete the evaluation. You will have 90 days to access this course from the date of purchase. No refunds are given for self-paced courses.