CSU Shiley Haynes Institute for Palliative Care offers in-depth palliative care training for nurses working with seriously ill patients in all settings. Designed for busy nursing professionals, this convenient online certificate program provides the flexibility you need to accomplish your educational goals and advance your career.
Completely revised and updated!
With input from a Curricular Taskforce of palliative care experts, course instructors, and past students; course evaluations; and alumni surveys over 4 years, revisions include:
- Updated content to reflect state-of-the-art clinical practice and regulatory updates from CMS
- Expanded clinical tools, resources, and practical takeaways in downloadable “toolkit”
- Expanded/new content on communication strategies in the context of serious illness: advance care planning, goals of care; palliative care ethics; moral distress, compassion fatigue, and burnout; personal and organizational well-being; diversity, equity, and inclusion; telemedicine; disenfranchised and complicated grief, ambiguous loss, grief assessment
- New optional “live” sessions by Zoom with instructor, fellow students for Q&A, discussion, and feedback
- Additional Discussion Forum prompts, case studies, and topics to enrich student interaction and peer-to-peer learning; refreshed quiz and final exam questions to reinforce concepts
Palliative Care Education for Nurses
Nurses deliver compassionate, multifaceted care to patients and families from all walks of life.
Whether you are working in hospice and palliative care or another practice setting, this palliative care nursing course offers all the tools you’ll need to support vulnerable patients and their families. Learn about the trajectories of common illnesses, expert pain and symptom management strategies, how to address emotional suffering, and how to care for patients at the end of life. Although not a “prep” course for the Hospice and Palliative Nurse certification exam, this course is proven to help participants earn certification.