California State University Shiley Institute for Palliative Care Announces First-of-its-Kind Fully Online Advanced Practice RN Certificate in Palliative Care
Comprehensive and flexible online program offers continuing education units.
San Diego, Calif. – June 17, 2014 www.csupalliativecare.org. For advanced practice RNs, currently working or intending to work in hospice and palliative care who are looking for a way to expand their skills, this 10-month, 100% online course makes it easier than ever.
The Advanced Practice RN Certificate in Palliative Care is the first fully online, comprehensive certificate program designed for specifically for advanced practice nurses in this field. Developed by industry experts, this program is based on the latest research in palliative care and brings best practices to the participant’s computer screen. This program is delivered in an asynchronous online format and is focused on high quality evidence-based content.
The CSU Shiley Institute for Palliative Care’s Executive Director, Helen McNeal, said, “Participants will walk away from this course with a variety of new skills, a new appreciation for the power of palliative care, and a renewed sense of purpose and confidence to continue our important work in hospice and palliative care.”
What sets this program apart?
- Comprehensive Content – the program covers over 80 curricula topics relevant to APRN palliative care practice, allowing participants to gain a greater understanding of their field of practice
- Practical and relevant – learn it today, use it today
- Highly interactive – participants learn from a team of expert faculty while sharing experiences and interacting with a cohort of fellow colleagues from around the country
- Flexible – the coursework was designed to work with a nurse’s busy lifestyle. The 100% online format allows participants to complete the assignments at any time during the week.
- Manageable – just six to eight hours per week of study time
- CEUs – Earn continuing education units (including pharmaceutical hours)
- Affordable – one fifth the cost of similar classroom-based programs
For more details, or to register, please contact Cindy Gordon at: 760.750.4020 9AM – 4PM PST.
Learn more at: Advanced Practice RN Certificate in Palliative Care
About the CSU Shiley Institute for Palliative Care
The CSU Shiley Institute for Palliative Care is America’s first statewide educational and workforce development initiative dedicated to palliative care. The Institute offers professional development and continuing education courses designed to enhance the skills of current and future health care professionals. It also delivers customized corporate educational and community awareness programs designed to increase awareness of palliative care across California and around the nation. In addition to the hospice and palliative care programs offered, the Institute has made the eBook – Caregiver’s Handbook available on the its website.
Contact: Steve Dahl, CSU Shiley Institute for Palliative Care, Email Me, 760-750-7292