Funding for Palliative Care Training
We have a couple options for funding your palliative care education. Read on to learn more!
Palliative care scholarships offered to San Diego health professionals
To celebrate National Hospice and Palliative Care month in November, the CSU Institute for Palliative Care is offering $25,000 in scholarships for palliative care education to San Diego County health professionals.
The Donald and Darlene Marcos Shiley Scholarships cover the full cost of tuition for Institute courses and are being made available to support nurses, social workers, chaplains and others who want to better serve the region’s most vulnerable patients.
- Be health care workers serving communities in San Diego County
- Meet the experience/licensing qualifications for course of interest (see course descriptions on website for requirements)
- Register for the course prior to June 30, 2018
- Be able to fully participate and complete the course work described
- Submit a brief letter signed by a manager, indicating their employer supports their participation in the course
- Pay for any additional books or materials (if necessary)
- Agree to follow all course requirements
Interested professionals are encouraged to apply now through the deadline of midnight November 15, 2017.
Free palliative care training available for Medi-Cal providers
The California Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) has announced it will provide $244,000 to fund palliative care education for qualified Medi-Cal providers through the California State University Institute for Palliative Care.
Through the program, qualified Medi-Cal providers and their clinician staff can apply for free access to Institute courses for a limited time through an agreement with DHCS.
These online courses will prepare providers to deliver palliative care services to their Medi-Cal beneficiaries, in accordance with Senate Bill 1004 (Hernandez, 2014).
Eligible applicants are all providers and clinical staff who are caring for Medi-Cal participants and need a better understanding of palliative care and how to recognize chronically or seriously ill people who need it.
There is no cost for this training for qualified and approved applicants. To learn more click the link below.